The Airfield 4-H Educational Center offers superb options for young people to enjoy the peace and fresh air in our nurturing and safe environment.
They will explore new ideas, challenge personal abilities and foster new skills while remaining true to the core set of values and principles set forth by 4-H. Helping to make summer camp affordable through subsidies and assistance is a top priority for Airfield.
The Airfield Conference Center 4-H Educational Center Junior Summer Camps provide youth between the ages of 9 and 13 with programming designed to learn through experiential education and character development.
4-H camping is a cooperative group living in a natural environment which focuses on the individual’s social, spiritual, mental, and physical development for both boys and girls. Since 4-H camping is educationally focused, it is recognized as a method by which to deliver 4-H programming.
These camps involve trained professional staff, as well as highly skilled adult and teen volunteers in working with and supervising all campers.
Airfield Conference Center offers activities such as:
- arts and crafts
- performing arts
- low ropes
- outdoor living skills
- marine science
- leather crafting
- and much more
Campers leave their week-long experiences with:
- A greater appreciation for the environment and their surroundings
- A greater sense of self-esteem and self-worth
- Greater inter-human communication skills
- A greater sense of personal and community accountability and leadership skills
- Pride and a commitment towards future participation in regional 4-H clubs and programming
- The satisfaction of accomplishing independent life skills
Contact: Airfield Conference Center
Read Now: Junior Achievement Business Week