Here are the basics of what goes into an AMAZING week at Sandlot Camp Westerville!!!
● Offered to kids entering grades 1-8 the following school year, designed for developmentally appropriate competitions for all ages within that range.
● Each camp is 1 week, Monday-Friday from 9:15 AM – 3:45 PM (drop-off at 9:00 and pick-up by 4:00). ○ Plus, limited availability for an 8:00-9:00 AM early drop-off option (if necessary).
● Camp Director and “Coaches” are licensed teachers with extensive experience in both teaching and coaching. ○ Every staff member is hand-selected and will put THEIR WHOLE HEART into YOUR kids! ○ We LOVE what we do and want EVERYONE to have an enjoyable, positive, life-changing experience!!!
● We are not a glorified “recess” style camp, our days are highly structured with lesson plans involving activities that are designed to elicit specific outcomes — promote physical fitness while challenging personal growth in areas of character (sportsmanship, integrity, perseverance, and teamwork). ○ Each day we use activities, challenges, and lessons to help teach these values.
● Unlike most camps that focus on only one activity, we play a variety of games, take field trips (pending COVID restrictions), and fully engage every camper in character-building experiences that will instill confidence and teach life lessons. ○ Activities help level the playing field and prove every camper’s value (brains and/or brawn)! ○ By the end of the week, we want each camper to know what it truly means to be a leader, a reliable teammate, how to set goals, and how to move forward to achieve their goals. ○ We want every camper to realize that they are strong, important, and capable of accomplishing their dreams through hard work and perseverance. ○ There is no better joy in sports than just playing for the fun of it…we want to hear laughter and excitement! ○ We want kids to know it is okay to make a mistake, even with best efforts, just learn from it and keep going…daily conversations! ○ No one at camp is going pro tomorrow, but today we are meant to enjoy, and be thankful for, the abilities and opportunities placed in front of us! ○ The lessons learned at Sandlot Camp will stay with these kids for a lifetime!!!
● Monday: every camper is placed on a team for the week, with their friends and/or siblings, per their choice.
● For the duration of the week, campers/teams earn points by winning competitions, demonstrating good character, wearing team colors, showing team spirit, etc.
● Each team has a coach (licensed teachers) who assists them during all competitions, field trips, lunches, etc.
● Camp always ends with Championship Friday, where awards are presented based on team point totals!
● If you need to get a hold of us for any reason DURING CAMP, please CALL or TEXT Eric Indiciani (Director) at 614-778-3080 — he will have his phone with him at all times, but typically does not look at email or Facebook messages during camp hours.
● We will post updates, videos, and pictures of the camp on our Facebook page (Sandlot Camp Westerville) — like/join our page to follow your camper!
Contact: Sandlot Camp
Read More: Heritage Camps for Adoptive Families
What do you think about this business?
Does this sound like somewhere you would send your kids?
Are we missing your favorite camp?
We’d love to hear from you with your thoughts!
Kids love experiencing adventures with their friends and making new friends along the way. The easy-to-use app built to make communication with parents an efficient and enjoyable experience.
The platform provides a fully secured and personal capability to share your camp selections with other parents so your children can enjoy the most enriching programs.
Discover More Users
Thousands of parents in your area are waiting to connect with businesses like yours. Coordinate camps and enrichment programs for children throughout the US.
Partnering with us will give you access to new parents in your area, who are interested in your business or summer camp.
We know an improvement in your site’s traffic is important to you. Increase your unique visitors with real parents, in real-time.
Analytics + Rankings
We encourage relevant content through our unique workflow process, that’ll improve your Google ranking.